Thursday, December 2, 2010

Gran's Christmas Fruit Cake


First I soak the fruit in Cherry Brandy overnight....

16 oz raisins
16 oz mixed fruit
16 oz glaced cherries
16 oz chopped dates
8 oz chopped walnuts

Yummmmm....

In bowl, cream together:

1 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
4 eggs
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup cherry brandy
1/2 cup apple jelly

Add:

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. mace
1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground clove
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar

Mix in all the fruit....

Put in a parchment lined angel food cake pan....

Bake at 300 F for about 2 1/2 hours...I insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean then it's done:-) Let cool completely in pan before removing cake. I then wrap it up with plastic wrap and foil, put it in a bag and place it in the fridge for a few weeks before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment